Thursday 10 May 2012

Ambitious Ambitions

The cocktail of creative projects I've surrounded myself in over the past few months has long been stirring up suspiciously dormant creative cavity within me. It's almost as if every project I've worked on has dropped a metaphorical Mentos into the creative Diet Coke pouch of my brain (I'm no biologist, but I'm pretty sure that's real).

It has been nice to focus my creativity into other peoples projects, but as it's usually just building on their unique foundation or trying to further express their vision, it hasn't exactly quelled my lust for something greater.
It's not that these projects aren't a challenge - far from it - it's just with every project I help to develop, a tiny voice inside me gently murmurs "...What about me?".

And now that voice is a scream, and it's piercing my brain with the words "DO... SOMETHING!"

Granted, the voice lacks direction... But the little ethereal bugger has a point. It's time to work on my own projects again. Except this time I'll be calling on all the remarkably beautiful creative and artistic people in Peterborough that wants to throw a wadge of creative wonder my way.

With a funding event coming up very soon, brought to us by those wonderful folks at Creative Peterborough,  I'll have a chance to get a little bit of money to help fund whatever my brain regurgitates onto some virtual paper.

Last years Fund It! event gave me the opportunity to work with another artist, Vanessa Manning, to help create a brilliant little art video. It was great to work on such a unique project and help bring Vanessa's vision to life.

But this year I'd like to step things up.

Instead of applying for funding with the aim of creating a single project, I want to make at least THREE separate pieces; a short film, a documentary, and a music video.

Although ambitious, these projects will be more than achievable thanks to the plethora of talented folk that surround me. Peterborough is a veritable hub a creative prowess that is begging to be tapped into for film makers.
Artists, actors, dancers, graphic designers, poets, musicians, crafters, builders, designers of every specialty - all here and deserving of more exposure and praise for their talents.

So here's hoping I can get a little funding, or at least have the opportunity to work with more and more people in this buzzing community.

So if anyone wants to get involved in some way, don't hesitate to ask - there's always more room for creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment