Saturday 14 April 2012

Film Ideas

A month before pitching a short film idea at a funding event and our original film idea has fallen through. Through no fault of their own, the person I was planning the film with is now to busy to work on it. Although understandable, it still leaves me with less than a month to come up with a new concept, write a treatment, start a workbook, design some eye-catching displays and create a pitch for an impending funding event.

As such, I've decided to turn to Twitter for suggestions for films I could make. The responses have been inspiring, to say the least.

  • A "The Office" style documentary about Raul Moat's Disco Boat (inspired by my "Mass Murderer's Failed Business Ventures" idea.) (A gritty exposé on Adolf Hitler's Cheap Bar Mitzvah also came about in conversation)
  • A wildlife documentary called "March of the Morgan Freeman's"
  • The not at all egotistical egotist Joey Cadd said "I was going to suggest doing a documentary about me, but then I thought that might sound egotistical."
  • Something about how binmen are in control of the time-space continuum.
  • A mockumentary about a crazy guy who is obsessed with pub quizzes.

I think we're off to a good start. Keep up the suggestions, I'm sure 140 characters is more than enough to sell me on an idea.

1 comment:

  1. Think I might start using the hashtag #Pitch140.
    Send me your ideas!

    ReplyDelete